Sunday

Can This Relationship Be Saved: Make Up, Do Not Break Up

The ending of a relationship can be as devastating as a death. But the good news is that unlike a death there is the possibility of a make up and in many cases the renewed relationship is more beautiful than ever before.

My friend Jody called me yesterday to tell me that her husband Andy is cheating on her. She was so upset I had trouble understanding her through the sobs. I told her I would be right over.

When I got there I found Jody looking as though she had not sleep in days. I felt so bad for her. The house looked as bad as Jody did. I suggested that she go take a shower and that we could go have some lunch. Although I could tell she did not want to she followed my advice and I tidied up a bit while she was in the other room.

Over lunch Jody got back to her old personality. She started telling me about some of the problems that she and Andy had been having. It seems that Andy has been working a lot of long hours. He works in construction and during this time of year he is always busy. Although Jody admitted that she enjoyed the extra money he was making she said that she absolutely hated him being gone so much.

Apparently Jody had been asking Andy not to work so much overtime but Andy said that it was required, that he does not have a choice. That was the beginning of the arguments. Jody said that everything has escalated since then. She blames everything on the fact that Andy is working too much. Jody said that Andy comes home too tired to spend any time with her and that he is not keeping up with any of his responsibilities around the house.

When I asked Jody how she knew Andy was cheating on her she said that he did not come last night until after 10 pm. Andy said that some of the guys from the work site went out for beer after work and he just lost track of time. Jody does not believe him. She said a lot of things last night that she now regrets. She even told him that he should move out. Andy slept in the other room and was gone before Jody got up this morning. So far today he has not answered any of her calls.

Obviously this is a very delicate situation. Jody has made accusations that she really had no basis for. Where this relationship goes from here is in the control of Jody more so than Andy. Andy did not say the negative things to Jody. As far as anyone knows Andy has been a good guy working hard trying to do what he can to make extra money. Perhaps he has slacked with his domestic responsibilities but it seems that some understanding may be in order here.

Jody can either decide that things are over, that she and Andy are breaking up; after all, she told Andy to move out. Or she can decide that she wants to make up. In that case it is going to take some effort and the sooner Jody gets started the better. I recommended The Magic Of Making Up to Jody but another excellent option is Second Chance Romance. You can find more information and links to both ebooks in the sidebar.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: