Friday

Make Up With Your Ex; Get Them Back And Be Happy Again

Relationships are precious. They give us another person(s) to believe in and to believe in us. But when those relationships hit stormy waters we are often left feeling totally alone.

Even if you personally have never had a broken heart I am sure you know someone that has. Broken hearts hurt! There are countless songs and movies about the pain and drama associated with a break up but when one is living through the actual distress those songs and movies do not seem to accurately depict the deep emptiness one feels.

I know because I have lived through such a period in my life. And I have lots of friends that have done the same. But knowing that this is only part of life does not make it easier to bear.

For me finding strength in myself was the key. For others nothing but a make up with the ex will end the feelings of depression. One of my very dear friends, Sammy lived through the stress of his girlfriend breaking up with him.

Sammy called me late one night to tell me that she said she just wanted some space, some time to be away from him and do things with other people. Hearing the sadness in his voice I felt nothing but sorrow. I did not have words that would help but I listened as Sammy sobbed his story to me.

After several minutes of his weeping we talked about what might have gone wrong. It seems that my friend had made it a point to spend every evening with his ex. They were completely inseparable on the weekends. But Sammy said that there had not been any real problems.

The more we talked the more details of the relationship were revealed. It seemed that when his girlfriend wanted to go shopping with her friends Sammy would take her instead. I asked if there was a reason that he did want her to go with her friends and he said that he liked shopping with her.

I think talking about the relationship was helpful for Sammy because a light bulb seemed to be going off. It was as if he was realizing for the first time that maybe he had been somewhat overbearing and perhaps even a bit intrusive in the way his girlfriend wanted to spend her time.

That did not change the fact that Sammy wanted to get his ex back into his life. He asked me for my advice. Although his ex wanted space we came up with a way that he could communicate with her and respect that at the same time. The plan was that Sammy would pour his feeling out on paper and send the letter to his ex.

In this way he was able to contact her indirectly so to speak but he was still able to let her know how he was feeling. Within a two week period Sammy and his ex got back together. He is very happy now and he has a respect for time away from his girlfriend. At least two evenings a week they are not together. Sammy has joined a gym to fill those hours constructively and not only has the relationship strengthened but Sammy is becoming very fit!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: