Wednesday

Making Up: My Husband Found The Secret In A Book

Disclaimer: This article is based on a true story - but the names and some details were changed to protect the identity of the people involved. It is also loosely related to my own experiences.

Sometimes a relationship starts out perfect and without warning it seems to grow cold for no apparent reason. Time, responsibilities and day to day activities have a way of taking a toil on a relationship over time, that is why a relationship must be nourished. Like a precious rose, it needs lots of care and love if it is to stay at the best it can be.

After 17 years of marriage things were falling apart. My husband Charlie just was not the same person I had met so long ago and I am sure I had changed a great too. As a matter of fact, I think I was even more different than he was. In reality we had simply grown apart.

Charlie had his interests and I had mine. Our children were getting older and seemed busy with their friends and school and not so reliant on us any longer. It just seemed that things were crumbling all around us.

Our friends thought we lived the perfect life. Charlie and I both had good jobs and nice incomes. We lived in a nice suburb and we each drove a nice car. The American dream, except that neither one of us was truly happy with our marriage anymore.

But what was even more distressing was that we could not put our fingers on what it was that we were not happy about. We knew that we still loved one another but that love seemed stale. When we went out to eat it seemed that other couples were having meaningful conversations while ours was focused on necessary talk.

Charlie would ask me about the bills and I would tell him about what was going in the life of the kids as well as trying to catch him up on any maintenance around the house that he may not be aware of. We may or may not exchange work-life summaries.

Soon there came a time that we fought over everything. And shortly after that I asked Charlie to move out. He quickly agreed.

Fortunately, Charlie had the wisdom about him to look for ways to keep our marriage together. And he found it! Where he found is surprising, he found it in an ebook! It is called, The Magic of Making Up. You can check out more information about that book in the sidebar. If you are in a troubled relationship it could help you repair it and move forward. This book gave Charlie lots of great ideas about what he could do to get me back. I am so grateful to that book!

The really cool part is that after Charlie moved back in he shared the book with me. This book has some awesome information in it. I think it can help any couple that is in trouble. You should check it out.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: